Preparing for Gavin...
We had quite a rough week this week at the Osborne household. I woke up last Sunday feeling very nauseous and just NOT WELL. This continued up until my weekly doctors appointment on Wednesday. We went in that afternoon and my blood pressure was higher than it has been before. They wanted me to rest and they would try to take it again to see if it went down. Instead, Doc came in and said with my symptom of nausea and my high blood pressure he wanted me to go to the hospital right away for monitoring and blood work.
We got to the triage at Baptist Hospital in Nashville and got hassled for not pre-registering yet. That was a lovely experience. They monitored my blood pressure every 15 minutes and within an hour and 1/2 it went down to normal. They took some blood to make sure I did not have a form of preeclampsia. Luckily, the only thing that came back on my blood work is that I was severely anemic. They told me if I lost a decent amount of blood during labor that they would have to give me a blood transfusion. Doesn't it make sense that maybe, just maybe the blood work showed up that I was anemic because I haven't been able to hardly eat anything since Sunday?!!! Who knows...
Doc came in around 8ish that night to examine me. I was dilated to 1 cm and 80 percent effaced. I began to have some very painful contractions so he continued to check my progress for the next hour to see if I became more dilated. If I was progressing, he was going to induce me that night. However, when he checked me an hour later I had not progressed any. So... they sent me home. Since I have been home, I have been resting like crazy (which obviously I needed). I just struggle with my house being a mess! For those of you that know me, I am a clean freak-haha no kidding! My husband has been trying to do as much as he can for me in-between working at the children's hospital at night and sleeping during the day. It has been a rough week here... I want to thank everyone who called or left a message on facebook when we were in the hospital. It is such a blessing to have such wonderful friends and family in your life!
God is so good...
Please keep us in your prayers, as we will your family. We will keep you updated on this blog and of course facebook with Gavin's progress. I am hoping it is at least sometime next week because this mommy isn't feeling too well. Love you all!
Brianne and Jason
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment