background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chalk Dust and Finds...


My creative side wanted to make something since I am on maternity leave waiting for Gavin to make his arrival. I am itching for stuff to do until my baby boy gets here. I don't have my hospital bag packed, laundry is piled up, and my guest room is a mess. It's not like I have a bunch of other stuff to do right? ha ha

Anyways, I decided I wanted to chalkboard paint something and thought it would be nice to have a chalkboard for the kitchen. During the threat of lots of snow in Tennessee (which really is not a lot to me since I am from an area where this amount of snow is nothing ), I begged Jason to take me to Lowe's to buy some chalkboard paint.

Afterwards, to Home Goods we went to look for a cool frame to paint. Instead, we found this antique looking mirror. After several coats of chalkboard paint, this is the finished product hanging in the kitchen. WE BOTH LOVE IT! Plus, now I can make my honey-do-list for him while I am snuggling with Gavin in just a few days ...laughing out loud!



Lastly, I went to one of my favorite stores eva'--- T-A-R-G-E-T to pick up some last minute baby items that Gavin needed. After grabbing Gavin's items, I decided to browse around the "home" section as usual (drives Jason crazy) and I found this plate and stand for $14.99! I thought it would look nice monogrammed with a big O! What do you think? Gavin got what he needed and Mommy got what she wanted (for a good price I might add).

That's it for tonight folks...


No comments:

Post a Comment