background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's been a while...

So, it has been almost exactly nine months since I have updated my blog. It has been a crazy, busy, exciting, new, and most of all BLESSED nine months I have ever had. Yes, can you believe me little guy is 9 months old? I can't. Time has just flown by. It seems like yesterday I was home with him all the time. Now, I am juggling being a mommy, wife, and teacher. However, I am loving... absolutely loving every minute of it. God has given me so many gifts and blessings this past year. I have HIM most of all. I also have Gavin, Jason, and a wonderful job that I look forward to every day. Some mornings it is hard to leave my sweet boy who is usually still asleep in his crib. However, when I get home it is the best feeling to have him crawl to the door as fast as he can to see his mommy and give her lots of sugar :). The best is when he lays his sweet head on my shoulder for a few seconds, looks up, and smiles at me! I adore my sweet Gavin Brock! I could go on and on about his milestones over the past 9 months of his life. However, that would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Here are the latest updates on our precious baby boy...

8 months:
He is on the go ---EVERYWHERE
He has become more attached to mommy. He has started the stranger danger phase.
He loves stickers. His grammy bought him some stickers and if you put them on his hand he entertains himself by trying to peel it off and then switching it between hands for several minutes.
He loves to lay his head on your shoulder or chest (we call this Gavin's "loves")
He loved baths for the first 8 months of his life and then all of sudden HATES them and we have to bathe him standing up while he screams the entire time.
He will laugh back at you when you laugh
He is proud of himself when he holds on to things and walks around them.
He loves to be read to. Our new favorite story/sing along to read is called Fire Truck.
He has NOT adjusted to the lovely time change and goes to sleep around 6:00 every night. However, I will never complain because he sleeps 12-13 hours (since 3 months)
He loves to play with Melissa and Doug puzzles!
Last but not least... our baby boy LOVES to eat (anything-even those stickers he plays with..haha)

As for what else is happening around the Osborne household.... NOTHING. This working mom can't hardly stay up to enjoy a movie with her husband. This is how it usually goes after Gavin goes to bed... I get my comfy boyfriend VS sweatpants on, lay on the couch to watch t.v. or a movie with my sweet husband and I am out like a light within five minutes. This happens nightly around 6:30 or 7:00.

Dear Husband,

You have come to expect this. You are fabulous. I love you ;) One day I will choose you over the couch and sleep. Thanks for being patient. Gotta go, it's my bedtime (haha)


Your Wifey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Grade quotes of the day:

Student:"I know something you can re-use. You can reuse your daddy's old underwear. "
Students: "What? YUCK!"
Mrs. Osborne: "What can you reuse that for?"
Student: "to wash the car with...."
Students: " EWWWWWW."
(After discussing reduce, reuse, and recycle)



No comments:

Post a Comment